If you have been recently shopping for new pool covers in Vancouver, you may have encountered these cool looking hard surface covers that are different from traditional fabric pool covers.
If they look anything like the pics below, then you have come across slatted pool covers. We have more and more customers asking for these polycarbonate slat pool covers, especially in Vancouver and Kelowna.
These specially extruded rigid slatted pool covers add a conductive bottom layer to a transparent or coloured surface layer. This acts as solar cover that keeps vital heat inside your pool.
Why Polycarbonate Matters
Polycarbonate is a ultra durable plastic that boasts unparalleled impact resistance and superior UV protection. Unlike other materials that may be affected by direct UV light, Polycarbonate is not affected by UV deterioration.
Polycarbonate plastic is also moldable, lightweight, flame resistant, shatterproof, and energy efficient.
Slat Colours To Match Your Pool Surroundings
Slatted pool covers can be either clear or alternatively they can be extruded with an additive to achieve any colour you can imagine. Polycarbonate is able to withstand extreme weather outside, either hot or cold weather conditions.
Durability Of Our Polycarbonate Slatted Covers
What makes our slatted covers unique?
- Resistant to higher temperatures up to 130°C
- Increase in UV protection
- Superior shock resistance (hail)
- More rigidity – no deformation
- Extended lifetime and extended warranty
Like fabric pool covers, slat pool covers offer the same security and protection for your loved ones when playing around the pool.
- Safety: A slatted pool cover acts as a barrier, keeping children and pets from accidentally falling into the pool. This makes your pool a safer place for everyone.
- Energy Efficiency: A slatted pool cover helps to reduce the amount of water evaporation from the pool, reducing the amount of water and chemicals you need to add to maintain your pool. This means you’ll save money on your water and energy bills. The unique bottom layer acts as a solar cover, keeping heat in.
- Easy Maintenance: A slatted pool cover makes it easier to keep your pool clean. Debris, leaves, and other elements are kept out of the pool, making it easier to maintain the cleanliness of the water.
- Increased Swimming Time: By keeping the pool clean and reducing evaporation, you’ll be able to swim in your pool for longer periods of time. You won’t have to spend as much time cleaning and maintaining your pool, giving you more time to enjoy it.
- Beauty & Aesthetics: A slatted pool cover looks much sleeker and neater than even a new fabric cover which inherently contains folds and displays an uneven appearance, thus improving the look of your pool area. It provides a sleek and modern look that can enhance the appearance of your backyard that will impress your guests.
An electric hard surface swimming pool cover provides many benefits for pool owners. Whether you’re looking for a safer, more energy-efficient, or easier-to-maintain pool, a slatted pool cover is a great option for you. So, if you’re thinking of a new pool cover, contact us via the form below with photos of your pool and we will be glad to go over your options!
GET A QUOTE FROM A LOCAL COVER INSTALLER
Fill out the form and a pool cover specialist near you will reply promptly!