Selecting the right automatic pool cover for your swimming pool can be a daunting task. With the numerous options available in the market, it’s essential to consider your pool’s unique shape, size, and overall aesthetic. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the key factors to consider when choosing the best automatic pool cover for your pool.
Determine the Purpose of Your Pool Cover
First and foremost, it’s important to understand the primary purpose of your pool cover. Automatic pool covers can serve multiple functions, such as:
- Safety: Prevent accidents by keeping children, pets, and wildlife from falling into the pool.
- Energy Efficiency: Reduce heat loss and evaporation, which can lower your pool heating costs.
- Maintenance: Keep debris out of the pool, reducing cleaning efforts and extending the life of your pool’s filtration system.
Choose the Right Type of Automatic Pool Cover System
There are three main types of automatic pool cover systems that you should be familiar with:
- Recessed Track Systems : The tracks are installed flush with the pool deck, providing a seamless look that blends with the pool’s surroundings. These systems are popular for their aesthetic appeal and are often installed during the pool construction phase.
- Top Track Systems : These systems feature tracks that are mounted on the pool deck’s surface. Top track systems can be installed on existing pools and are typically more cost-effective than recessed track systems.
- Under Track Systems: This type of system has tracks mounted beneath the pool’s coping or deck material, offering a clean and unobtrusive appearance. Like recessed track systems, under track systems are usually installed during pool construction.
Consider the Material of the Pool Cover
The material of your pool cover is essential for its durability and effectiveness. Popular materials include:
- Vinyl: Known for its durability, flexibility, and UV resistance, vinyl is the most commonly used material for automatic pool covers. It is available in various colours and thicknesses to suit your needs and preferences.
- Mesh: Lightweight and easy to maintain, mesh covers provide good debris protection while allowing water to pass through. However, they may not be as effective in retaining heat and preventing evaporation.
Consult A Professional
It’s always best to consult with a professional who can guide you through the selection and installation process of your automatic pool cover. They can help you determine the best system for your pool, taking into account its shape, size, and other unique factors. Additionally, a professional installer will ensure that your pool cover is correctly installed, providing optimal safety and efficiency. Check out how automatic pool covers are installed for more information.
By taking the time to research and consider your pool’s unique characteristics, you can make an informed decision and choose the best automatic pool cover for your needs.
Fill out the form below for a quick estimate on an automatic pool cover that will suit your unique needs!
GET A POOL COVER QUOTE FROM A LOCAL INSTALLER
Fill out the form. A pool cover installer near you will reply promptly!